We are all striving to have healthy and happy lives. Managing good lifestyle choices including the consumption of quality, fresh, organic plant-based foods, drinking plenty of pure water, exposing ourselves to a decent amount of daily fresh air and sunlight, incorporating sufficient daily exercise, enjoying plenty of good rest, being temperate in all things and trusting in the love and benevolence of God, all assist in improving our health and happiness.
However, in contrast, the world is experiencing a shocking rise in depression among adults and children. For example, according to a new international study, “…One in three first-year university-level students report symptoms of a mental health disorder” . Of these, “Major depression was the most common disorder...” See – https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/13/one-in-three-freshers-show-symptoms-of-mental-health-disorder .
How can we spot signs of depression ?
“Psychological symptoms. The psychological symptoms of depression include:
- continuous low mood or sadness
- feeling hopeless and helpless
- having low self-esteem
- feeling tearful
- feeling guilt-ridden
- feeling irritable and intolerant of others
- having no motivation or interest in things
- finding it difficult to make decisions
- not getting any enjoyment out of life
- feeling anxious or worried
- having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself
Physical symptoms. The physical symptoms of depression include:
- moving or speaking more slowly than usual
- changes in appetite or weight (usually decreased, but sometimes increased)
- unexplained aches and pains
- lack of energy
- low sex drive (loss of libido)
- changes to your menstrual cycle
- disturbed sleep – for example, finding it difficult to fall asleep at night or waking up very early in the morning
Social symptoms. The social symptoms of depression include:
See – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/clinical-depression/symptoms/
Are there natural remedies that can help reverse depression ?
The following video by Dr. Neil Nedley focuses on the reasons and solutions for depression.
See also the eight laws of health.